Saturday, June 19, 2010

Expectation: The Ugly Side of Intimacy

I want to really get to know you.  I mean, I want to know who you are behind your own closed doors.  I want to know your dreams, your fantasies, your pain, your fear.  I want to know your soul.

It starts off with a subtle look, a powerful attraction.  Eyes meet, conversation starts, hearts connect, and hormones flood my senses.  If we trust our feelings, we flow with the experience and allow it to move us with its current.  Passionate, open, sensual, like the most powerful drug shooting through my bloodstream.  Lost in time and space, we release ourselves to our full potential, inhibitions transcended, our true selves revealed in the moment.

Climax.  Heart slows, self-consciousness returns, energies relax, lying flesh to flesh, reflecting on my soul's journey.  Or was it my soul?  Was it just chemicals, or some primitive drive?  Wait a second.  I don't even know this person!  What do these feelings mean?  Am I being too emotional?  Well, maybe this is the start of something bigger.  Trust.  Trust my intuition.  Trust in the process.


I love you.

I love it when you...

You should have...

I thought you were...

I am hurt.

No comments: